As part of the preparations for the new Crystal Spring Tower, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital will close its Emergency Department (ED) parking garage under the hospital beginning Wednesday, Nov. 11.
The Emergency Department entrance will remain open as will the parking lot outside the entrance; it is only the garage that is closing. The garage is expected to be closed for about three months.
Information for patients:
- There will be parking available for critical ED patients in the front parking lot.
- The front parking lot is temporarily being expanded to add 11 parking spots.
- In addition, the first floor of the Riverwalk parking garage will be reserved for handicapped and ED parking.
- Guest Services will have staff at the ED entrance, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., to help coordinate parking for patients during.
About the construction:
- Carilion is working to construct a new entrance for the ED that will be used until the new tower is complete. The hospital needs to build a new entrance because the access road that leads to the ED will need to be closed to allow for expansion.
- The future Crystal Spring Tower will include an expanded emergency room, which will provide increased access for our ED patients.