1. Street closures for Saturday can be found at: https://roanokeva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=975
2. Roanoke Police reminds drivers to be aware of runners, watch for street closures, and obey traffic directions by Police Officers and other Officials and to slow down, phone down.
3. From Roanoke Libraries – Saturday’s class that will be held in the Virginia Room of the downtown library is cancelled. For more information, contact Nathan Flinchum at [email protected]
4. The marathon will take place rain or shine. But just a reminder from Roanoke Emergency Management – thunderstorms are possible so please plan accordingly.
a. Cannot run with dogs (unless approved by race staff for ADA purposes).
b. Cannot run with strollers.
c. Cannot run with weapons.
6. For full race day details, visit: https://www.blueridgemarathon.com/race-day-info/
7. For additional road closure information, visit: https://www.blueridgemarathon.com/spectators/road-closures-detours/
8. Track runners in real time! https://live.sporthive.com/event/6216/App
9. For information about Down by Downtown Music Festival & Expo, contact Julia Boas at [email protected]
10. For information about the race course, contact Molly at [email protected]
11. Hydration packs are allowed. There will be a bag check for runners. All bags & packs are subject to search.
The City of Roanoke is dedicated to working together with the Blue Ridge Marathon to ensure a safe and memorable event! Good luck runners!