The City Treasurer’s Office is reminding citizens that the Personal Property Tax Deadline is June 1, 2020, and the Real Estate Tax Deadline is April 6, 2020. Payment of taxes is essential because City of Roanoke departments (Fire-EMS, Police, Solid Waste, Fleet, and E-911) rely on tax dollars to provide services to our community.
In light of current circumstances associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Roanoke Municipal Facilities are closed to the general public. However, citizens may pay these taxes using one of the following options:
- Mail your payment to Treasurer, City of Roanoke, P.O. Box 1451, Roanoke, VA 24007.
- Use the payment drop box (checks or money orders only, NO CASH!) located across the street from the City of Roanoke Municipal Building at 215 Church Ave., SW Roanoke, VA 24011.
- Pay by credit card using touch-tone phone at 1-800-272-0829 (jurisdiction code 1006).
- Pay online at www.roanokeva.gov/payments (a convenience fee will be charged for transaction).
- Pay online using eCheck: www.roanokeva.gov/payments (free service).
If you have questions about the payment of taxes or need to set up a payment plan, please call the City of Roanoke Treasurer’s Office at (540) 853-2561 or click here.
The Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office would like citizens to know:
- All public phone lines are currently open for all taxes; click here for a listing of numbers and other information.
- The Real Estate Tax Relief for Elderly & Disabled deadline is June 30, 2020.
- The Real Estate Tax phone line: (540) 853-2523.
A list of frequently asked questions for these offices is available here.